Saturday, October 6, 2012

Participants Speak on YALDA 2012




Cross Section of Participants at the Conference

The world is changing and the youth are becoming a huge force to reckon with. Several youth from Africa are gathered at Youth Alliance for leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA) 2012 Conference in Lagos talking about Innovation and creativity for a better Africa. This is a powerful platform that allows young people to communicate their needs and innovative ideas to each other and directly to professionals and leaders worldwide.

Participants Speak on YALDA 2012: 

Glory Blasio Emmanuel- Tanzania

I  got a very nice experience in Nigeria on how Africa has been transformed. I am happy to hear my fellow youth speak on ideas, on things that are possible. We have been speaking and sharing our dreams and experiences and taking steps of implementing them. 

What are your Expectations?
It is my sincere hope that the leaders; the people who have come before us and people who are coming after us are going to respect what we have and assist us, instead of blocking us and put us behind.

 
LIGA VILDE, LATRIQ-  Ethiopia 
Prior to this time, I never really knew anything about Africa. But now, am beginning to gain insight into the issues and challenges of development in West Africa. It has broadened my knowledge about west Africa owing to the fact that I had always been interested in Africa. So I see opportunity and satisfaction.

What are your expectations?
I expect to gain more guidance and mentoring support for my potential business.



FUNBI FALAYI - Nigeria
 My main aim here is to create network because I see linking with people more important than finance. I see it as a place where you make a future for yourself.

How do you intend to harness the knowledge you get from here?
Learning is a continuous process. We are the future so we need to learn so we can have something to tell our generation. After YALDA I intend to put the knowledge gotten from here to optimal use. However, I think that sustainability and implementation is a major problem in Africa
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

WORLD POPULATION DAY: “FAMILY PLANNING IS A HUMAN RIGHT”

WORLD ASSEMBLY OF YOUTH PRESS RELEASE WORLD POPULATION DAY: “FAMILY PLANNING IS A HUMAN RIGHT” Globally, the population has doubled sinc...